The program folder has 3 items in it.
Double-click “setup.exe” and wait for the client to load.
Once the client loads, you must enter a few settings in the settings screen.
Press the ESC key to display the settings.
Now, enter the proper settings as detailed below.
1) Uncheck “Use Testnet”.
2) Enter the path to the huntercoind.exe file. This is what you downloaded from the official Huntercoin web site (http://huntercoin.org/). It should look something like this:
C:\Users\YOUR WINDOWS LOGIN\Downloads\Huntercoin\huntercoind.exe
It won’t look exactly like that, but will be similar.
3) Check “Restart Huntercoind process when game starts”.
4) Check “Kill Huntercoind process at the end of the game”.
5) Enter your RPC Address as “http://127.0.0.1:8399/”. “127.0.0.1” is the local loopback, which means your computer, and 8399 is the port that Huntercoin uses.
6) Choose a username and password with no spaces. It doesn’t matter what they are. You can let people know these as they aren’t real secrets (unless you’re running some special services, which you won’t be if you’re playing Huntercoin).
STEPS 7 TO 11 ARE OPTIONAL FOR ADVANCED USERS. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, IGNORE THESE.
7) Run the Huntercoin QT client that is in the same folder from step #2 above. After it loads, close it. This will create the Huntercoin appdata folder.
8) Open Windows Explorer and enter “%appdata%\huntercoin” into the address bar. This will browse to the folder that you just created in step #7 above.
9) Make a copy of “db.log” then rename it to “huntercoin.conf”. You MUST make certain that the file extension is .conf and not .log. You may need to change the folder options to show file extensions.
10) Open “huntercoin.conf” in a text editor, e.g. Notepad, Editplus, Notepad++, etc. DO NOT USE MS WORD OR WORDPAD!
11) Enter the following into the text editor:
12) Click the “Test DAEMON Settings” button. You should receive this message if you entered the path properly:
13) If you want to play in full screen mode, click the Graphics tab, check “Fullscreen Mode”, then choose the appropriate resolution for your monitor and click “Test”.
DONE! Your settings are all finished. Click “Apply” or “OK”, and confirm saving the settings.
Now, restart the program!
Continue with Syncing the Blockchain…